The Nelson Community Wellness Alliance is a collaboration of local agencies and officials, members of the faith community, healthcare organizations, and concerned citizens working together to address behavioral health challenges in Nelson County.
WHAT IS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH?
Behavioral health refers to mental and psychiatric health, as well as substance use and related addiction disorders. Behavioral healthcare includes a variety of services, including awareness and stigma reduction, prevention, intervention, counseling, treatment, and recovery support. These services can be provided by social workers, counselors and psychiatric professionals, physicians, community health workers, and peer support specialists.
MISSION & VISION
To promote wellness within Nelson County by eliminating barriers to access and increasing the availability of behavioral health resources through meaningful partnerships and programs.
A Nelson community that is informed, engaged, stigma resistant and supportive, with a wealth of resources available to individuals with behavioral health conditions.
The Alliance pursues our mission through programs centered around four core priority areas:
- Improving awareness and engagement
- Reducing stigma and encouraging support
- Removing barriers to accessing care
- Increasing available community resources
- UNITY: Our community is stronger when we work together in partnership towards our shared goals.
- DIGNITY: No one should be made to feel ashamed for needing any form of healthcare, including behavioral healthcare.
- INCLUSION: By serving our neighbors without discrimination, we promote wellness, mutual understanding, and an improved sense of community.
- STEWARDSHIP: Individual and community sufficiency are improved by increasing locally based resources for individuals and families.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President – Stephanie Martin (Blue Ridge Medical Center)
Vice-President – Francee Laverty (Region Ten Community Services Board)
Secretary – Angela Rose (Nelson County Social Services)
Erik Laub (Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office)
Leslie Ozz (Community Member)
Ricki Perry (Nelson County Public Schools)
Health Care Providers
Nelson Faith Alliance
MEETING TIMES & LOCATION
The Nelson Community Wellness Alliance Office is located inside The Nelson Center:
The Nelson Community Wellness Alliance
The Nelson Center 8445 Thomas Nelson Highway, Suite 109
Lovingston, VA 22949
Please note: Until further notice, the Alliance is meeting via ZOOM. To request link & call-in information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Second Friday of each month
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET
Duration: 60-90 minutes
2022 MEETING DATES
January 14, 2022
February 11, 2022
March 11, 2022
April 8, 2022
May 13, 2022
June 10, 2022
July 8, 2022
August 12, 2002
September 9, 2022
October 7, 2022
November 11, 2022
December 9, 2022